WELCOME TO OUR NEW BLOG SITE - ROVALOCITY

Please click and go to: www.Rovalocity.com

This is our NEW Blog Site Page - The same Great Blogs are there to enjoy and A NEW Feature that showcases our Opinion and Editorial Views too.

On this NEW Site we welcome guests. Please feel free to check us out....

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED READERSHIP!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Obama's Raw Deal

"Many a true word hath been
spoken in jest."  
- the Roxburghe Ballad (circa 1665) 

Time Magazine - November 2008

W.C.Fields published his first book, Fields for President, in 1940, an election year. As the only book he ever published, Fields for President is considered a unique collection of Fields’ comedy writing. 

In poking fun at presidential candidate Franklin D. Roosevelt, Fields wrote:


"I shall, my fellow citizens, offer no such empty panaceas as a New Deal, or an Old Deal, or even a Re-Deal.  No, my friends, the reliable old False Shuffle was good enough for my father and it’s good enough for me."
  ~ A Stimulus Joke ~
"Not Shovel-Ready!" - B. Obama

"I'm not a member of any organized political party, I'm a Democrat!" ~ Will Rogers


 

No comments:

Post a Comment